Chocolaty Chocolate Cake Recipe
by Heather Naples
Simple, easy, semi-homemade
(Makes 1 Bundt cake or 24 cupcakes)
1 pkg Devil’s Food Cake mix
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup hot coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
3. Pour the batter into a greased Bundt cake pan or into lined cupcake pan.
Bake 50-55 minutes.
Cook cake until top is springy and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool for two hours before removing from pan.
Dust with powdered sugar (or drizzle with Chocolate Glaze, recipe included).
Bake 20-25 minutes.
Frost with Chocolate Buttercream frosting, recipe included.
(for Bundt cake)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips have melted and mixture is smooth.
2. Stir in vanilla.
3. Pour glaze over cooled cake, allowing to drip down the sides.
1 ½ cups butter (3 sticks) softened
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
½ cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Sift cocoa to remove any lumps.
2. Cream together butter and cocoa powder.
3. Slowly add sugar and milk to the cocoa and butter mixture.
4. Add vanilla extract.
If frosting is too dry, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time to the mixture. If frosting is too wet, add confectioner’s sugar.